Click above to send a follow request - I almost always accept.

Sunday 13 March 2011

DESTROY ALL HUMANS!!

I know, I'm late to the party. I usually am. But digging  through an old box of stuff in my wardrobe I came upon a copy of Destroy All Humans for PlayStation 2 that I bought years ago and never opened! So, with so much time on my hands I started playing - and loved it!

It's the perfect interpretation of a 1950s "Flying Saucer Movie", told (or played) from the perspective of the Furon, a race of crass and offensive alien clones who have just two goals: 1. Collect human brain stems and recover dormant the dormant Furon DNA hidden within, and 2. DESTROY ALL HUMANS!

It's the sort of game you can play over and over again and enjoy each and every time you do. It's not a difficult game, or even a very long one - I completed it in about 4 hours or so, almost in one sitting - but there are so many side missions (and destroying the humans is so much bloody fun!) that I see myself playing this game for weeks to come. As soon as I'm able to I will be buying the other games in the Destroy All Humans! franchise and keeping the Furon dream alive. Crypto (the hero alien) has become almost a friend to me :)