Click above to send a follow request - I almost always accept.

Thursday 5 January 2012

I, Partridge - We Need To Talk About Alan

Between the ages of 15 and 22 I presented a weekly show on a local radio station that drew in excess of 500 listeners per show. It was something I loved doing and something I would never have done if it weren't for the inspiration lit within me by one Alan Gordon Partridge.

I've just finished reading Alan's second autobiography, I, Partridge (I unfortunately could not get hold of his first offering, Bouncing Back, since it was only on sale for a short while before poor uptake prompted the pulping of each and every unsold copy. I missed out. A shame. But this new book is a must for anyone with a dream of working in broadcasting (any medium).

Chronicling his life from birth to present, the tome goes further than his previous one, dealing with all aspects of his life and career; not just focussing on his battle with and recovery from Toblerone addiction.

I don't believe I have ever read a more inspirational, more open and more honest account of any one man's life. I laughed, I cried, I made notes. I shan't share them with you because I don't want to spoil the narrative. This really is a book you should pick up and read yourself. LOVELY STUFF!