Click above to send a follow request - I almost always accept.

Sunday 12 December 2010

Matt Cardle Wins The X Factor!

We've watched for weeks and weeks. Sacrificed an average of 2 hours of our lives every weekend. We've laughed, yelled at the telly and slagged them all off. I've scored him high and low and tonight - rightly so - Matt Cardle was crowned the winner of The X Factor 2010. 

It's been a tough final, but his voice and the fact that there aren't many women in the country who "wouldn't" won it for Matt. He's awesome, is Matt. If you remember, back in the Bootcamp Week, when he sang First Time Ever I Saw Your Face for the first time, I sang his praises...

And according to how the votes went week on week, Matt was top of the voting board, winning every single week except the first. So he was always going to be the winner. And what a winner! Matt could just be the one to break the Male Winner's Curse. He's got one hell of a voice and seems to be a really lovely fella... But like I've said before, don't shave him and plonk him in a suit now. Let him be him. That Biffy Clyro song, too, is as near-perfect a song for Matt as you'll ever find. It's a great track and now it's his. Tonight is Matt's night. The other finalists have been great all weekend also, but this is MATT'S NIGHT. Good on you, mate. Knock the haters out of the way and show them that an X Factor winner can make some decent music. Here's a preview of his Winner's Single, Many Of Horror/When We Collide:


You can download it from iTunes, here or buy it on CD from Play.com, here. It's a guaranteed Christmas Number One if you ask me. And, probably for the first time in the history of The X Factor, it deserves to be. I'll be posting the official music video to the single soon, so come back here later to see that!

And that's that. No fanfare. No tears or tantrums. Just a quiet sign-off. This blog will go on and on, talking the same old shit as ever, but sadly - until next year - not about The X Factor. I'm sure we'll have other stuff to talk about... I'm sure there'll be other shows to piss over. Whatever's to come, please join me. And to those who won't be joining me; Thanks for a wonderful ride. I love you all x