Click above to send a follow request - I almost always accept.

Friday 24 December 2010

A Christmas Message To All!

Christmas has gone all modern. I've had just four paper Christmas Cards... One from my sister, two from people I hardly know any more and one from my next door neighbour, with a tenner in it... But I have had countless texts, Tweets, emails and Facebook messages from people as far away as Texas - and as close to home as "next door". It seems that technology has become the main tool for letting loved ones know you're thinking of them at this wonderful time.

Which makes you wonder how we managed before! I've been on Twitter for almost two whole years; that is incredible. And in all that time I don't think I've gone longer than a few days without posting something. How the hell did they manage back in the olden times? Did Mary and Joseph meet on Facebook? Did God choose her as the bearer of his son based on the number of views on her Youtube page? If Jesus was on Twitter these days - the real Jesus, I mean, not the "son of God" version - how many followers would he have? Would he be saved the painful death when Judas decided simply to "unfollow" him instead of selling him out to be slaughtered?

I'd like to think so. But who knows... all we know is this: Christmas is about friends and family; whatever else it's about to believers and non-believers alike, it's always about that. 

So, to all my internet friends, internet family and all my loyal readers of this very humble blog (the on-line equivalent of the birth of Christ, if you ask me, in terms of "humbleness" anyway...) 

HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS! X X X