Click above to send a follow request - I almost always accept.

Saturday 6 November 2010

The Walking Dead (FX)

I've just watched the first part of The Walking Dead on FX, the zombie-apocalypse survival adventure based on the hit comic book series of the same name. 

I've read the comic since the beginning and love it. When I heard that it was to be turned into a television series staring Andrew Lincoln, of all people, I was nervous. But I had no reason to be. Episode one was chilling, emotional and graphic without branching into shock-territory. I don't think I've ever felt so sorry for a rotting, crawling, hungry half-corpse before in my life. The make-up and visual effects are outstanding and the acting, so far, is superb. There is everything I expected from the book, some of it frame for frame which made me smile. I'm eager to see the next part now, to see if the standard it maintained.

I'm a little nervous about how they will take the show forward; I hope they don't alter it too much for television. The book seemed to have just the right balance of zombie-bashing and marital affairs. I have very high hopes for this little gem, though, so fingers crossed they don't "do a Lost" and drag it out forever and a day.... Here's to a few more weeks of watching this at my Mum's late at night - since I don't have FX.