Click above to send a follow request - I almost always accept.

Friday 29 October 2010

Doctor Who Live - The Day Before

Not long now, for me. And for my nephew and many of my good friends... Tomorrow, we all go to see Doctor Who Live. I've been looking forward to this since it was first announced, back when I was unemployed and penniless. 

And it's here! I've even fought the temptation to watch the whole bloody thing on YouTube. It's all up there, more or less... But I've resisted! So tomorrow, I use my eleven year old nephew as an excuse to see my favourite show brought to life in front of my astonished greasy face!

It would seem, however, that during the publicity shots for the tour the BBC have unintentionally recreated one of the most upsetting and memorable photographs in history. Can you see what I mean? I'm sure it wasn't intentional, of course. Not even I am brave enough to publish the photo in question as a comparison, so it's unlikely that the PR people for Doctor Who Live even dared let the thought cross their minds. What am I talking about? I have no idea. Bottom line is, tomorrow night I get to sit in an arena and see all of the monsters from my favourite TV show realised in the very same room as me. 

It's going to be brilliant! I think. I hope. I'll be reviewing the show right here on Sunday, between breakfast and Christmas Shopping. So be here, then, to read my very honest (I promise) "review"*.

*By now you will know that any "review" I pen is less a review and more a series of seemingly unconnected observations and wordy opinions. They are of little or no artistic value, but mean that I can spill out another pile of my self-serving witty nothingness.