Click above to send a follow request - I almost always accept.

Saturday 28 August 2010

That Was The Week That Was

Once in a while, everything in a person's life - good and bad, big and small - come crashing in at once. Nothing is ever simple, nothing is ever handleable, nothing can be put on a list and dealt with in time. Sometimes things just swamp you and you have to sink or swim.

I've gone through a lot in the last two weeks. I've lost the love of my life, argued with a good friend over a misunderstanding, lost money, found money, lost it again, gained a new job and found irreplaceable support in the most unlikely places. Life, it seems, is something that you learn to get on top of. 

And I think I have. Without wanting to jinx anything I seem to be handling all of the good and bad with admirable organisation and composure. There's an element of the bitter-sweet sprinkled throughout my life right now, but I feed my pet Creativity on that. I've written more (shit) in the last two weeks than I had done in the previous two months. Nothing special, but it's the literary equivalent of going to the gym - just keeping my "writing muscles" moving. I want to say - publicly - that if I've been a bit distant, or a bit short-tempered lately (for "lately" read "in the last 6 months") then I sincerely apologise. I don't want to cause upset, harm, hurt or offence to anyone. You know me and my mouth. 

So what I think this garbled, nonsensical post it all about is this - Despite all the upset, cross words and differences, I want to say a massive thank you to all those who have been patient, nice and available enough to offer me a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold or an opinion to disagree with. You all know who you are. You are the ones who I like, admire and, in most cases, love. It's been tough getting "back on my feet" but with the help of many I think I'm almost there. 

A pre-emptive apology now to those same people who will undoubtedly be there the next time something gets on top of me. And a pre-emptive thanks for them being just that. There. Always. Thank you all. And you know what? Thanks to those who haven't directly helped me, but have listened to me bleat on and on on here, Twitter and everywhere else. You are all stars and I value and love you all.